Flying pan layout

Started by mikeb, July 30, 2004, 02:05:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikeb

A while ago I sent out a schematic and PCB layout to a few hardy volunteers to tryout and debug. Many, many thanks to Rick Lawrence who has emailed me numerous times during his assembly and debugging process, providing invaluble hints and tips on how to improve things and - most importantly - has done the hard work on actually getting the thing working.

Now I'm going to build one up myself with a layout that addresses the issues found, and with Ricks' notes in hand, and once this is done will work out how best to make this available to DIYers.

Everything isn't completely wrapped up yet, but I (and others in future) owe Rick a lot for his time and effort. It was literally only just possible for me to keep up with Rick via email on his progress. Kudos, and thanks!

Mike

jsleep

Hi Mike,

If the Fly Pan does "pan out", I'd love to host the project and sell the boards :-)

JD Sleep
For great Stompbox projects visit http://www.generalguitargadgets.com

joshwatson

whats up with the flying pan,  ive been dying to own one of these for years....lets hope this pans out!!!

mikeb

The PCB of the final prototype built up with the notes from Rick is done, just gotta find time to fire it up and test it!

Mike

joshwatson

hey mike, have you had a chance to fire up the flying pan?  im really crossing my fingers this thing is gonna work. keep us updated and thanks to all who have worked on it.

mikeb

Not yet, sorry, have been too busy with work and stuff.

Mike

PS It'll work! ;)

RickL

Mine works. I haven't boxed it yet but it sounds cool. It will be worth the wait when Mike publishes the layout.

Sorry for the late reply on this, I just got back to Canada from 2 1/2 weeks of cycling in Europe with no net access.

Mark Hammer

Hi Rick, hope your back held out for the trip.  You looked like you were in a fair amount of discomfort when I saw you.

Later, the same day I came to your office, we were walking down Government Street after dark, when we got shit-stormed by what felt like 30 seagulls!  I'm serious.  The initial sound made us think someone had thrown a bucket of slop on the sidewalk behind us...until the stuff started running down our faces and necks :roll: .  I had it all through my hair, on my jacket, shirt, pants, and shoes.  My wife was killing herself laughing, and said "Can you imagine if we didn't have a room already booked for tonight and had to go around like this asking if they had any vacancies?" :lol:  :lol:

Ah, memories of Victoria!   :lol:

David

Quote from: Mark HammerLater, the same day I came to your office, we were walking down Government Street after dark, when we got shit-stormed by what felt like 30 seagulls!  I'm serious.  The initial sound made us think someone had thrown a bucket of slop on the sidewalk behind us...until the stuff started running down our faces and necks :roll: .  I had it all through my hair, on my jacket, shirt, pants, and shoes.  My wife was killing herself laughing, and said "Can you imagine if we didn't have a room already booked for tonight and had to go around like this asking if they had any vacancies?" :lol:  :lol:

Ah, memories of Victoria!   :lol:

Mark, that was a terrorist attack organized by a consortium of digital-delay chip manufacturers who are protesting your "BBDementia" documentation.  Their aim is to destroy the availability and knowledge of analog BBD chips! :lol:  :lol:

...and if you believe that, I have some swamp land near Fallujah, Iraq that I'll sell ya!  :mrgreen:

Jason Stout

Mark, that’s the first literal usage of the term "shit stormed" I have ever seen. I'll bet you think twice the next time you go to look up at a flock of birds!
Jason Stout

RickL

Strangely enough my back was fine as long as I was riding, it hurt badly enough when I stood or walked that I wasted half a day and $75 to consult a doctor to make sure I hadn't torn something.

Great Britain and Holland were wonderful, if expensive. The Dutch have got cycling figured out with special cycle lanes everywhere. Victoria's not too bad for cycles but we have a long way to go to catch up to Amsterdam.

Sorry to hear about your seagull experience. Usually all we get from the sky here is rain.

joshwatson

any new word on this perf?  this is one of the most interesting effects and it would be cool if we could get a few going.

mikeb

(sigh) still not,sorry - gotta make $$$ to live first. I need a duplicate 'me'.

Mike

joshwatson

hey mike, dont want to be a monkey on your back...but jsut checking to see whats up with the flying pan.

joshwatson

bump....

rickL did you get your pan boxed up? if so how does i sound?

RickL

It's still not boxed yet but it sounds cool. It's sitting in a pile of about 20 completed circuits waiting to be put into boxes including a "bi-stone" (two small stones in series run off the same LFO, a McMeat and a Neutron. It will be worth the wait when the finished layout is finally posted.

Lately I seem to be more interested in soldering than drilling and painting.