OT: Overloaded amp?

Started by corbs, July 30, 2004, 10:18:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

corbs

hmm i'm probably haven't posted enough here to make an OT post, but i'm sure you guys have had experience with this before.

i use a crappy little solid state for testing out various things (like my first fuzz ;) ) and i think i may have overloaded it while messing around with components in said effect.

it now only makes a tiny sound when turned all the way up, a classic sign methinks. anyone know how i should go about fixing this?

ta

:)

Arn C.

Maybe first you could unhook the wires from the speaker and hook up another one to make sure the speaker isn't blown, after that you will have to open it up and check out the output transistors first.  The few solid states that I have owned usually blow the output transistors first if it isn't the speaker(been there done that).  I did have one that the diodes in the rectifier circuit were blown along with an output transistor.

Arn C.

corbs

it has a headphone out and that does exactly the same thing.

a few components seem to have some brown stuff on them, i guess i could try them first.

em hang on, while typing this post i've been plugging a few things into it to test to make sure it wan't the guitar and i noticed it was getting louder!

i plugged my guitar into it and it's back to normal??

i feel like i'm going crazy here...

petemoore

I sang "Oh Darlin' " to an amp one time... :lol:
Convention creates following, following creates convention.