rail-to-rail op amp?

Started by zachary vex, July 31, 2004, 07:43:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zachary vex

i need a dual/quad op-amp with rail-to-rail output and low power/low cost that will operate on +-5V.  input impedance and slew rate are unimportant.  any suggestions?

puretube

Paul Perry (Frostwave)

I think the +-5 will exceed the MAX4322 family ratings..

Athin

DIY XOR die.

puretube

oops, didn`t see the minus sign...

beans_amps

The Texas Instruments TLV2422 is rail to rail FET input dual op-amp.
Don't Despair - Call Bean's Amp Repair

WGTP

TI has a cool search mechanizm where you can sort by a variety of criteria.   8)
Stomping Out Sparks & Flames

gez

ICL7621 is a low power dual that I use in most of my circuits.  It can be run as low as +- 1V and up to +-8V.  It has rail-to-rail output (CMOS).  Slew is p*ss-poor but it doesn't matter for most of my circuits.  It's MOSFET input.  There's a quad version but I've never been able to get hold of it.

LMC660 is the quad I use.
"They always say there's nothing new under the sun.  I think that that's a big copout..."  Wayne Shorter

zachary vex

Paul Perry (Frostwave)

I must say it is a bit unpleasant working with 0 to 5v instead of the +-15 that I 'm used to with synths. For a start, the signal/noise is 6 times worse. But interfacing with DSP etc.. all that shit is low volts. In fact, I'm suprised that +9 doesn't come with  :!: DANGER HIGH VOLTAGE :!:

Paul Perry (Frostwave)

And some people seem to like the TS971 & TS972, havn't tried them myself. Might be easier to get.

zachary vex

excellent, paul.  that one is less than half the price of the cheapest one of the others! (the intersil was the next cheapest, around $.80, and this one pops up at $.36 in quantity!)  thanks a bunch.