Blackfire noise,hum,ocilliation

Started by Hydesg, July 31, 2004, 10:56:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hydesg

there seem to be alot of interference or noise or such

jst completed the blackfire
its amazing
except for the noise part
could it be because of the wires i used?
as in insulated wires instead of shielded wires?

i didnt add any caps across the batt though
could that be a prob too?

audioguy

Sounds like what I just battled- read my Vulcan Build report threads- the original has TONS of ideas for a resolution, then I started a new one documenting what I ended up doing to solve the problem.

Audioguy

petemoore

BF is a really high gainer...
 I noticed a difference when I shielded the 'longer' input wire to the circuit, I did the output wire also.
 Also... is it in a grounded metal box?
 Just for kicks check all the grounds continuity
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

jimbob

Audioguy-I had a few problems w the Vulcan, but i have a carl martin contour and boost w a low and high pass filter im using w it. Id like to add a little this and that but id actually have to have a mod schem to figure it out. I read over some of what you did but there were no schem to follow..
"I think somebody should come up with a way to breed a very large shrimp. That way, you could ride him, then after you camped at night, you could eat him. How about it, science?"

audioguy

jimbob-
FOr the changes I made to the Vulcan there was no schem. I just swapped a value on a resistor and put 3 10uf caps on the board- attached the + of the battery to the + of the caps and then fed the power to the rest of the board after the 3 caps. Send the - of the caps to the boards ground and that cleared up my squeeling that happened when you tried to turn it all the way up.