Rocktek ToneAlone

Started by RickL, July 31, 2004, 04:04:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RickL

I picked one of these up a while ago out of curiosity and because it was cheap. I thought it might be a variation on Craig Anderton's Passive Tone Control from EPFM. I opened it up today and it turns out that my guess was better than I thought.

It's identical to the PTC except the centre-tap on the transformer is not connected (no "coil tap" mode) and the transformer is connected directly to ground (no "intensity" control). All the values are exactly what Craig specifies (I assume the transformer is the same, I can't see any markings on it).

It has a battery that is only used for a status LED and the switching is done with a PC mounted 3pdt switch.

This may be old news to some but I find it amusing. Original price was $80 Canadian, I paid somewhat less than that, maybe about what a Hammond box and proper 3pdt switch would have cost. I wonder if Craig knows/knew about this one?  :lol:

jimbob

"I think somebody should come up with a way to breed a very large shrimp. That way, you could ride him, then after you camped at night, you could eat him. How about it, science?"