switching between feedback and bypass loop

Started by talking_goat, August 03, 2004, 02:46:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

talking_goat

I've had a read of a few threads on here based around the sonic death annihalition pedal (the feedbacker thing) and think it would be a nice (relatively) simple thing for me to have a crack at as a beginner.
I'd like to be able to add a switch to it though so that i could turn the feedback loop into a bypass loop (and make the thing a bit more useable in the process). I believe there is already something out there that does this or something similar. How could I go about doing this???

remmelt

are you talking about a switchable sonic annihalation and true bypass in a single box? i made that! it's pretty easy. compare the two schematics and you will see that there is just a small difference..

Narcosynthesis

its very easy to make it switchable between a feedback loop and a true bypass loop

in the fb loop the send and return jacks are connected via a variable resister, you just need to add in a spst switch in series with the  resister, so it cuts the link between send and return when you flick the switch

David

remmelt

the blue parts are true bypas only. add the red bits and you get a switchable sonic a.

talking_goat

so you connect the fx send and return with a sdpt switch and thats it?
where would you include the pot?

tomchagolla

i too would like to know where to put the potentiometer, please let me know!

talking_goat

Anyone know where to put the pot and how it works??

Please??

remmelt

on the red line, there are two items:

on the left, there is a SPST switch, the easiest break/make switch around. it connects the FX return to the FX send (and thus creates a loop).

on the right, the curly thing with the arrow pointing to it is the pot. i used a 500K audio pot for it and it works fine. connect one end of the switch to any outer lug of the pot, connect the middle lug to FX send.

easy as that! with the pot, you can dial in the amount of feedback you want. when you turn up the pot, the resistance increases and less signal will be able to flow through to the FX send side, so there will be less feedback.

i corrected the schematic, have another look.

talking_goat