anderton bi-filter again

Started by thomas2, August 03, 2004, 07:18:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thomas2

well of course i will check everything again.. i know this project might have been a "little" too complicated for me at this point, but i take it as an opportunity to learn more about electronics.. even if it wouldn't start working, i've got lots of new information about debugging etc.
so.. i will check the voltages once again..
it's nice to know that there's still some people willing to help after i've been
a real pain in the arse with my problems  :lol:

sorry about my crappy english..
tee se itse tai kuole

MR COFFEE

Thomas,
Don't recheck everything. The DC test is easy, and will give you and those here who would help you important information.

You have received many suggestions about bent pins, reversed PCB layouts so the op amp isn't getting power and other connections, the feedback loop not being the right resistor value, etc. based on the assumption the op amp somehow isn't amplifying.

Quick troubleshooting  is done when you eliminate 10 possibilities with one test and get important info about what is and isn't part of the problem.

The DC test simply determines if the op amp is amplifying or not. It eliminates a dozen or more "it-might-be-this" possibilities people have suggested. And it doesn't require fancy test equipment.

Glad you're with us, and I honestly wouldn't have known English wasn't your first language.

Keep it up. I believe you can and will get it working. And the Anderton circuit is probably one of the best-sounding envelope followers out there because of having two peaks.
Bart