bennet brownsound schem

Started by nooneknows, August 03, 2004, 04:18:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nooneknows

hi
I've found this  link to the bennet brownsound schematic in a thread here in this forum:

http://www.geocities.com/dermadbaker/brownsound.htm

but the page it's not available anymore
please, does anybody have that schematics?
thanks!

regards,
Marcello

Dan N

Look at the schematic for an MXR distortion +. Change the 4K7 resistor to a 5K6. Viola, Bennet Brownsound.

cd

Aren't the pots 250k as well?  Or is the volume pot changed to 1M?  I can't remember exactly.

Ansil

old ones were both one megs  newer ones have a 1meg on the vol and 500k on the gain..  also newer ones use the boxy type caps and are prown to coming across my bench for recapping.. i am guessing due to a bad batch of caps.. i replaced all the caps on two units recently and it works perfectly now.    according to my sources it is supposed to be a dearmond square wave clone. with better parts. which so happens is 98% the same as the mxr

cd

nooneknows

many thanks!
(so the main difference is the rollof frequency? from 730 to 600Hz circa? I'm impressed...)

Ansil

Quote from: nooneknowsmany thanks!
(so the main difference is the rollof frequency? from 730 to 600Hz circa? I'm impressed...)

not me i am disapointed i thought it would be something original  why not an lm380n-8 its 8pin and it has the same inputs and outputs as well as voltage requirements.  and sounds killer in its place.. but oh well.. back to the drawing board  :D :D