anyone verify the lovetone brown source schem?

Started by marrstians, August 03, 2004, 04:30:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marrstians

i found the schem on munky's site... it's kindof hard to read... anyways, it sounds terrible... can anyone verify the lovetone brown source schem? can any one verify the parts or know what they're supose to be... or a better schematic? thanks

BG

First post. I've been frustrated by this one too. I do think there are several errors in the hand drawn schematic...

Marcos - Munky

I don't know if there are errors in it, but I believe it's correct. I will start to redraw it, since I know what are the hard to read parts.

marrstians

i tried building it but it doesn't seem to work right at all... the gain pot can't be right, it makes it almost clean... some of the other parts work ok but it definetly doesn't sound like the lovetone pedal...

cd

Try increasing the .047uf cap to 1uf or more.

mikeb

Quote from: cdTry increasing the .047uf cap to 1uf or more.

Both versions of the schematic I have have show that cap as 0.047uF, so that isn't the problem. Hopefully Marcos will chime in here when he's done .... he found a couple of differences between the schematics that around around, maybe this will explain it.

Mike

cd

Quote from: mikeb
Quote from: cdTry increasing the .047uf cap to 1uf or more.

Both versions of the schematic I have have show that cap as 0.047uF, so that isn't the problem. Hopefully Marcos will chime in here when he's done .... he found a couple of differences between the schematics that around around, maybe this will explain it.

Mike

Believe me, increase that cap and the circuit will start distorting like crazy.

mikeb

Quote from: cd

Believe me, increase that cap and the circuit will start distorting like crazy.

I thought it was being asked whether the schematic was indeed an accurate version of the BS. Changing that cap will make it less accurate (to the best of my knowledge), even if if does make it start distorting more.

Mike

Marcos - Munky

I checked my schematic against another schematic. Now I have a picture of the board of it, and I will check both schematics agains it, then redraw the schematic. When I finish, I post the schematic here.

mikeb

Cool.... and I'll do a PCB layout if you like!

Mike

PB Wilson

Excellent! I've been wanting to build this pedal for a while. Please let us know when you have some new info. Thanks!

Marcos - Munky

I have half of the schematic checked and drawed. After finish it, I will put it online and send to Mike, then he can draw the layout. I need a little help here. Anybody have a file of a 3P4T switch for ExpressPCB, or a image that I can use in the schematic?

phillip

Is that electo. capacitor after the 1K resistor a 4.7uF or 47uF?

Phillip

marrstians

i don't know of anything for drawing in the schem... check out how the great cheddar was done on geofx... you could probably do the layout like that or just label it a-c, 1-12 kindof like the meatball schem...

mikeb

Here's a draft layout with the switch on board and the pot connections near each other .... in fact, it's just a rejigging of the original layout. I'll review once the schematic is up.

draft brown source layout

Mike