Needing help on the Deluxe Bazz Fuss

Started by stratking, August 03, 2004, 09:52:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stratking

Hey all, I am getting ready for my next build and plan on doing the Deluxe Bazz Fuss.  I build the regular Bazz Fuss but didn't like the bad clipping problem it has.  Anyway, I thought this pedal might be pretty good.  

I am still quite a newbie and am sorta leary about building a pedal right from the schematic.  I was wondering if anyone could do up a quick layout pic for me so that I can see where everything needs to go.  I also am kinda confused on how to use the transformer in the pedal.  The only transformers I am used to are the ones in amps.  

Just so I can learn, what exactly does the transformer do in this pedal.  I read over Jack Orman's article about it but still dont really understand.  

Thanks,

stratking

stratking

Also, I noticed on the schematic that only some of the caps have polarity that matter.  Usually when I see this, I use electrolytics, but what should I use for the .1uf and .001uf caps??

petemoore

I can't find the article at ROG...[???]
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

stratking

Yeah, it took me a while to find it again too.  Now its on HomeWrecker.  That and ROG look like the same layout, but on differnt sites.  The link for the Deluxe Bass Fuzz is:  http://home-wrecker.com/bazz.html

Chris S

I used the green mylar ones (i think - bass playing friend has pedal)