Pedals = Amps??

Started by Joe Hart, August 04, 2004, 11:06:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RDV

Quote from: Joe HartRDV, thanks for the info on the HMP (especially the mods with explainations of what they do -- I can follow directions, but have no idea what certain components do in even the simplest of circuits!!). I will definately build one!

By the way, you had mentioned that you have a "good idea of what kind of tone I like," and I was just curious... what tone is that? I'm not being wise at all. You are one of the more helpful (and knowledgable) folks here. I'm just very curious as to how close your guess is. So, lay it on me!

-Joe Hart
You might want to try red LEDs(in the 1st stage) like you use in your pedal. The coolest thing about the HMP to me is how incredibly quiet it is, very little hiss or hum.

As far as what you like, I only have your pedal demo, and the fact that your music is kind of dark gothic metal with a twist. I'm just using my imagination to an extent. I know that a good metal guitar sound requires good lows, scooped(to various degrees) mids, and viscious complex highs for those harmonics.

RDV