Different Things

Started by petemoore, August 04, 2004, 02:46:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

petemoore

Try different things. You have no choice but to choose.
 I tried a Fetzer*>Dist+*> [box] Supreaux**
 *=true bypass **means there's another switch, Supreaux has choosable high end rolloffs.
 Although this worked superbly, that's not it. There's more, like HB Pickups [type PAF and DiMarzio Split Coil] and the amp.
 I'm certain I couldn't type the exact settings, and probably couldn't even clone it 'exactly' myself.
 I agree with a recent post about 'Synergy" I sometimes call it 'Doctored Chains"
 WIth the three above named circuits, I can get a very wide range of very likeable/usable Gain levels, Tone settings, Dynamics, Pick Attack crunches etc etc .
 You have to choose your amp, you can probably buy replica's of SRV amps styles, of course no-one REally knows, and he had a lot of them as did JH, both played at very high volume levels, I know I wouldn't be able to replicate that very often...it would be a "Cop Magnet"...
 Since you have to choose your amp, why not choose your pedals too? [Design your own chains like your' idol did], E.X.P. [Enrico Xavier Proficion]says you don't often just get good sounds, you have to work at finding 'em.
Convention creates following, following creates convention.