Brian May treble booster tran choices/options

Started by jimbob, August 05, 2004, 12:58:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimbob

Just for the hell of it i thought about building this- but, i dont have any bc182l..any other common ones that might sound good with this?

http://www.generalguitargadgets.com/v2/diagrams/ge_boost_lo_bm_tb.gif

thanks
"I think somebody should come up with a way to breed a very large shrimp. That way, you could ride him, then after you camped at night, you could eat him. How about it, science?"

tcobretti

I built mine using the bc108, bc109, and finally bc182.  All worked well and sounded almost identical.  I finally settled on the bc182 cause it's apparently what brian uses.

That pedal rocks.  I haven't built a RM yet but the like the BMTB so much I want to see what the RM is like.

Jim Jones

I just built one of those this past weekend.

I used a BC182 initially and then for giggles tryed a TIP31C (TO-220 package).  The TIP sounds great!  I think I'll try messing with the biasing and see how that effects tone.  I'm not sure how it's supposed to bias but I have about 1/2 V+ on the colelctor.

I always use .01 inpuit caps on my treble booster builds - I can't stand anything smaller than that.

Jim

brian wenz

Hello Hello--
     Doesn't that one take BC 182L ??  [low noise]
    I think I've got some of those if anybody wants to trade for something......
   Hey Jim,  isn't it getting close to your big day???
Brian.

Jim Jones

Hey Brian,

The big day has come and gone - it was awesome!  We had a great time at Doune - I'll send you a pic or two.

Oh, by the way, the BC182 I tried out was from you.  :)

Take care!

Jim

brian wenz

Hello Hello--
   Crap, I missed the day!!   Congrats!!  [is that the correct word...??]
Did I send you BC 182 or BC 182L ??
Brian.

Jim Jones

Thanks Brian!

I believe the ones you sent were 182's - no "L".

Jim