are these resistors ok to use?

Started by talking_goat, August 05, 2004, 07:21:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

talking_goat

Are these resistors ok to use?? They don't look like carbon ones, and they aren't exactly a blue colour (and they have 5 stripes instead of 4) and are a little smaller. I have some and was wondering if they were ok to use?

http://www.rsaustralia.com/cgi-bin/bv/search/SearchDisplay.jsp?BV_SessionID=@@@@0915264861.1091747590@@@@&BV_EngineID=cccdadcmefdkkdkcfngcfkmdgkldfih.0&SearchType=quick&viewType=text&SearchText=resistor

Peter Snowberg

Those are better quality resistors than the regular old 5% ccarbon films. Lower noise is their largest benefit. They're perfect for 99.9% of DIY effects use. :D
Eschew paradigm obfuscation

talking_goat

Quote from: Peter SnowbergThose are better quality resistors than the regular old 5% ccarbon films. Lower noise is their largest benefit. They're perfect for 99.9% of DIY effects use. :D

Well thats good, and kinda bad, cos I was hoping that was the reason my attempt at the DOD440 wasn't working!

Peter Snowberg

I understand.... have you tried the infamous "Audio Probe" on it yet?
Eschew paradigm obfuscation

talking_goat

Quote from: Peter SnowbergI understand.... have you tried the infamous "Audio Probe" on it yet?

I do have a dodgy audio probe, don't know whether I'm quite using it right though! The problem may be deeper than the audio probe perhaps cos the led doesnt even light up.

travissk

That sounds like a big problem, although it could potentially be a second unrelated problem.

What type of switching are you using? (3PDT, Millenium, etc)

talking_goat

Quote from: travisskThat sounds like a big problem, although it could potentially be a second unrelated problem.

What type of switching are you using? (3PDT, Millenium, etc)

3DPT
Could the switch be busted?