Tonepad TS question.

Started by des, August 06, 2004, 10:36:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

des

I have the offboard wiring PDF, and I havce 3DPDT. There is only one 3DPDT diagram in that PDF and I have tried it many times and it will not work!! Should I be trying another wiring option? I have checked and double checked all components, everything.

All I get is hum and a faint signal being passed, activate switch, and the signal including hum disappears completely. Any ideas? thanks.

des

I am talking about the tubescreamer btw....

lightningfingers

Are you sure you didn't wire the 3PDT sideways?
You wouldn't be the first.................................
U N D E F I N E D

petemoore

Hook the DMM beep mode to center lug of switch
 Touch the other lead to the surrounding lugs till your hear the beep.
 Now hook it to adjacent lugs  [non corner lug] if you hear no beep disconnect, turn the switch 1/4 turn, and try again...you should be able to find the rows of Poles and throws ... check out GEO for switch wiring diagrams.
 I like to not include the extra 'combination lock numbers' and figure each individually...do the switch first, and check that you have continuity from the ouput [wiper] pot to the amp cable input [assuming amp and guitar amp works...and you have actual ~ 9v] ...~near.
 Check your OA pin voltages from ground. all pins should read somewhere near 1/2v [4.5v of 9v, 5v of 10v etc.] except >pin 8, which should be 'V+ = ~9v' and pin 4 ".0v = ground. read again at GEO for 'working' OA voltages parameters. / Post the voltage readings here for analysis.
 Once the voltages look right, use the audio probe...I use my thumb through conductive rod...with battery and amp connected, one of the left side input pins should buzz louder than either of the output pins...but follow the signal path through the circuit:
 From the output toward input by injecting an audio source...[thumbuzz does it for me, use a more conventional source if you like]
 From the input toward output, using an amp, ground connected to circuit ground, hot connected to a probe...with circuit powered with input source, test for signal at the input, then at points in the signal path...working your way through the circuit toward the output.
 If you experience 'lost signalitis' look near this area in the circuit for problems like miswire, wrong value resistor, cold solder [non-connection] etc. Often an 'off' voltage of the OA is found near where the signalitis is, indicating a bias issue.
Convention creates following, following creates convention.