News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

robo time!!

Started by thomas2, August 06, 2004, 06:40:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thomas2

i made the robovox from munky's site!!!!! i just had one of those circuits at hand and happened to find the schematic.. now that's my kind of pedal!! ultra simple to build and the sound is so weird.. i love it  :P  if anyone knows any other simple and weird projects.. please let me know  :wink:
tee se itse tai kuole

Jason Stout

Jason Stout

Marcos - Munky

The Robovox is really cool. I didn't tried it with voice yet, but I like to use it as a cheap pseudo ring modulator and pitch shifter.

RLBJR65

I perf boarded this a while ago it is interesting and fun works well with a bass and mic to, but I couldn't seem to quiet the clicking of the switches down any sugestions?
Richard Boop

Marcos - Munky

I got this problem in mine too.

smoguzbenjamin

This sounds pretty cool, I might get round to building one of them. Any soundclips anywhere perhaps?

I have a CMOS 4017, would that work instead of a 4016 :mrgreen:
I don't like Holland. Nobody has the transistors I want.

gez

Quote from: RLBJR65but I couldn't seem to quiet the clicking of the switches down any sugestions?

If I recall, that circuit just shunts the signal to ground each time the switch opens.  Not conducive to click-free operation.

You'd have to re-work the circuit with an input buffer, output buffer and bias the input and output of the switch to half the supply voltage - place it in the signal path and use it to block the signal rather than shunt it to earth.  Even then, there's no guarantee there'll be no feedthrough from the LFO.
"They always say there's nothing new under the sun.  I think that that's a big copout..."  Wayne Shorter

gez

Quote from: smoguzbenjaminI have a CMOS 4017

Difficult chip to get hold of in the UK, I've only just found a supplier!  Useful chip...
"They always say there's nothing new under the sun.  I think that that's a big copout..."  Wayne Shorter

Marcos - Munky

Sorry, no soundclips. Have you heard a tremolo with a bigger cap in the LFO, to get pseudo ring mod sounds? This is a tremolo with a bigger cap in the LFO.

thomas2

i tried it with bigger caps!! it really sounded like a tremolo unit but it had this loud clicking noise thing going.. so i just put the smaller caps in there and robo it was  :roll:
tee se itse tai kuole

brett

QuoteNot conducive to click-free operation
The "click" is due to the high-frequency transition to ground, so  try a low pass filter with fc around 5 kHz to 10kHz.  Also, use a high value (100uF or greater) cap in the power supply.  That worked fairly well in my Modulatron.  

cheers
Brett Robinson
Let a hundred flowers bloom, let a hundred schools of thought contend. (Mao Zedong)

smoguzbenjamin

Quote from: gez
Quote from: smoguzbenjaminI have a CMOS 4017

Difficult chip to get hold of in the UK, I've only just found a supplier!  Useful chip...

Hehe I leeched it of an LED sequencer that someone gave me as a kid :twisted:

gez

Whoops, Ben I was thinking of the 40107 which is a totally different kettle of fish...sorry!  :oops:

smoguzbenjamin

hehe lol :D no problem gez.