moog style +-9v filter link

Started by Paul Perry (Frostwave), August 09, 2004, 10:06:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Perry (Frostwave)

http://mwpc1.die.unifi.it/%7Emaurri/synthdoc/VCFLPSCH.JPG
Someone wasw wanting a 9v VCF, well withan inverter to give the -9, here it is  :wink: havn't tried it but looks OK.

Mark Hammer

Stefanno Mauri's site actually has a number of nice things on it.  Somehow, the control names always seem more musical in Italian, don't they?  "Resonance" sounds like you're banging in a nail a little harder, while "Rizonanza" sounds like you're pouring on some exquisite sauce. :lol:

Jason Stout

Jason Stout

SeanCostello

By using CA3086 transistor arrays, as well as a voltage invertor, the end results may end up being close to the Moogerfooger Lowpass filter (which uses CA3086 transistor arrays, as well as one of them voltage invertor chips).

I don't have a schematic - I just opened mine up one day, and noted the chips. I have no plans of reverse engineering it either - buy it from Bob Moog.

I will note that the LM13600 chips used for the bypass in the Moogerfooger are annoying. I am a fan of true bypass. In addition, there is an input overdrive, but no output level control. These would be some good additions to the above schematic.

Sean Costello