Fuzz face "blend" control

Started by b_rogers, August 09, 2004, 11:49:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

b_rogers

i asked this on my "magic gains" thread but in case some of you dont read that one ill ask it here ...

has anyone tried sending a little of the clean input signal to the volume control after the fuzz out? sorta like the voodoo lab sparkle drive

what i mean is a separate signal like a "blend" of the two sounds???

would it be as easy as a resistor/cap to a pot with fuzz input on lug 1 , out to vol control on wiper, and clean input on lug 3?

would a diode be needed to keep the clean signal from getting fuzzified?

is it do-able? let me know what u think..this may just be a newbie retarted question so excuse me if it is...  

Brent
homegrown, family raised couch potatoes. temperament unsurpassed.
http://electricladystaffs.com/

Lonestarjohnny

Craig Anderton had a mixer build in his book that was very interesting, you could mix the effect into a clean signal that would allow you to do what your describing, but it looked like a major build, you can check it out and meanwhile someone may come up with an easier way of doing this.
Johnny

petemoore

You can look at Splitter-Blend at ROG, I built one, verynice, you can 'balance' between two chains, and by putting bypassable effects on either side, quite alot of new blend sounds can be 'panned to' as opposed to switched to [I like to do the switching when the SB is panned to the 'other' side for smooth transition of one effect to the next.
 I dont' use it all that much because of the amount of jacks and cables... one day I may hardwire a # of bypassable circuits to either side, in one big box or bolt a row of RACO's to the SB's RACO.
 I put a treadle control on the pot of the SB so I could pedal/pan.
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

b_rogers

i guess what i meant was take some signal from before C1 and route it to either a buffer or booster stage.

it could be independent of the fuzz circuit, then combine the 2 signals so you could have a round clean tone mixed in with the fuzz. just to give a little note clarity..

i am headed over to ROG to check out the splitter blend petemoore thanks for the info!
homegrown, family raised couch potatoes. temperament unsurpassed.
http://electricladystaffs.com/