Markers that won't blend when spraypainted with enamel

Started by ExpAnonColin, August 09, 2004, 05:08:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ExpAnonColin

I have been going spraypaint->enamel->marker, like this:

It works fine, but I want something just a tad bit more professional/solid.  I can't use a paintbrush for beans, so is there some sort of paint marker that I can use on the spraypaint before I spray on the enamel that won't smear all over the place?  That way the enamel is really "covering" everything.

-Colin

jimbob

Im in the same boat. I want something hat looks good and professional and i can label very well either. I decided a few nights back that i was going to put off building for a little while and concetrate on different ways to paint label. I know there has to be a cheaper/different/ alternative to injet labeling and silk screening.

Im on it though--good luck till then.
"I think somebody should come up with a way to breed a very large shrimp. That way, you could ride him, then after you camped at night, you could eat him. How about it, science?"

thumposaurus

Yorn desh born, der ritt de gitt der gue,
Orn desh, dee born desh, de umn bork! bork! bork!

bwanasonic

One method I've wanted to try is to have rubber stamps made with various labels and logos, then experiment with various inks. Maybe silkscreen ink would work?

Kerry M

mikeb

Can't help you, but after a long time I've settle on full-size blank labels (i.e. the label covers the entire top of the device / pedal) printed on with a laser printer, then clear coated. My normal handwriting is shockingly messy, let alone any efforts with a marker on a pedal.  :oops:

Mike

remmelt

would a stencil work? a piece of carboard or plastic with a decal or lettering cut out and stuck on the pedal, then covered in paint?

Hal

i used sharpie on one pedal, and it blended :(.  Didn't see that one comming...Its not too bad, but kinda annoying.  I would think that "paint pen" stuff wouldn't, but it seems like that's what you used.  And is that a plastic enclosure ? Mine was steel sprayed with non-glossy paint, so the sharpie was easy to write with, then covered with clear....

Torchy

Gilles C

A trick that I used a few times was to spray a few thin protective coats from a can sold by Letraset to protect their letterings before I used the normal clear spay.

It seems to work well every times.

Paul Marossy

I think rub-on letters like the ones made by Letraset would look the best. I wish I had some of mine still. My dad used to have tons of the stuff when I was a kid before the advent of CAD drafting. You could get it in black and white, too.

ExpAnonColin

Quote from: Hali used sharpie on one pedal, and it blended :(.  Didn't see that one comming...Its not too bad, but kinda annoying.  I would think that "paint pen" stuff wouldn't, but it seems like that's what you used.  And is that a plastic enclosure ? Mine was steel sprayed with non-glossy paint, so the sharpie was easy to write with, then covered with clear....

No no, I used sharpie on TOP of the enamel.

Sounds like paint markers are my best bet, since I want to be able to doodle a bit... now the question is, where?!

It's a tremolo-chorus... tremolo knob controls trem depth, chorus knob controls chorus depth.

-Colin

Gilles C