News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

muffer help

Started by rufus2646, August 09, 2004, 07:18:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rufus2646

hey y'all.  i'm working on my first project, the muffer and i've run into a roadblock.  i've checked and double checked my wiring and i think i've got all the parts on the schematic hooked up correctly, but i'm not sure how to hook up the battery.  the positive terminal should be connected to the R3 10k resistor, but where to put the negative?  actually i guess i've got an overall question about grounding as well.  should the sleeves of the input and output jacks be grounded to the same place as R1 and R4?  should the negative terminal of the battery be connected to R1 and R4 as well?  i don;t have the volume pot in the circuit (i want it loud only) and i'm using 50v electrolytic capacitors i ripped out of an old stereo.  i'm also using hte 2N3904 transistor.  lets see.  what else. . . oh when i connect everything up except the battery i can hear the distortion sound, but it is very very quiet, and the best i've been able to do with the battery connected is to get the same sound as without the circuit but a little quieter.  i'm super psyched to be building this thing on my own and i'm determined to see it through, so please excuse my newbie question and gimme a hand! :0)

thanks
-rufus

black mariah

It should go to ground. :lol: If you have a stereo input jack, it should go to the ring connection. If you're like me and prototype stuff with mono jacks, then just hook it up anywhere on the circuit ground.

rufus2646

hey thanks!  and wouldn;t you know it not only did i put this post in the wrong forum, but i found that exact bit in the beginner's project forum.  i've got it up and running now and what a fuZZZZZZ!  great with low output pickups, but a little too dense with higher output ones. . .  for my next project. . . .

thanks again!
-rufus