Drilling boxes

Started by YouAre, August 09, 2004, 07:40:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

YouAre

I'm ordering a custom box for a BSIAB i built. Basically i need to know the drillbit sizes for input/output jacks, pots, those power jacks from smallbear, and stomp switches
thanks,
murad

gguru3

Stomp switches:  1/2 inch
Pots:  1/4 inch (or slightly larger for room for the threading)
PLASTIC DC Power Adapter (Small Bear):  1/2 inch
In/Out Jacks:  3/8 inch

These are approximate sizes. Turns out I had no drill bits available when I drilled mine so I had to us my Dremel with a 1/8 inch bit to do all of them! That was one time where the right tool for the job would have came in handy!

Good Luck.

YouAre

yeah i read that thread about using the wrong tool for the job. kinda reminds of of that time i forgot to turn off the soldering iron when i decided to use it as a toothpick....ok not really but that would REALLY hurt...

thanks alot for thet info man

YouAre

yeah i read that thread about using the wrong tool for the job. kinda reminds of of that time i forgot to turn off the soldering iron when i decided to use it as a toothpick....ok not really but that would REALLY hurt...

thanks alot for thet info man

cd

Use 5/16 for the pots.  They're probably metric, 5/16 will fit perfectly though.

black mariah

If you need to enlarge a hole just a tiny bit, use a file. I have some needle files that work perfect for this. Stewmac, I do believe, sells a small set of them for fairly cheap. They're useful for other stuff too.

RDV

One 1/2" vari-bit or uni-bit or step drill as they're also known will do it all.

RDV

Hal

how much is it gunna run to get the box made ?

Paul Marossy

I  :!: LOVE :!:  my UniBit. Best investment I ever made...

YouAre

the problem with a unibit is that i need to send the measurements to the guy making the box, and hal he's pretty much charging me not much more than shipping.

Mark F

Here Ya Go: 5/16 for24mm pots, 9/32 for 16mm pots 3/8for 1/4 in. jacks, 1/2 for 2.1mm DC(Power)Jacks, 15/32 for Stomp Switch.

YouAre

thanks to everyone! and to paul, what size led's do you use and where can i get that type? i've seen them around commonly.