altoids box distortion done....PICS!

Started by Hal, August 10, 2004, 01:11:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

audioguy

Did you submit the project to Ready Made magazine?
For those of you that dont know Ready Made- its a magazine for the 20 something crowd and encourages recycling and has a bunch of arts and crafts projects in each issue.
Last issues MacGuyver challange (thats what they call the monthly challange to make something new and cool out of old what would be trash) was to use an Altoids tin for something..,. they do these challanges in each issue- one month was old speaker boxes, another was old bic lighters... really cool magazine.
The winner of the Altoids challange made some silly speakers for the Oh-Too-Trendy-I-Pod- not half as cool as a Fuzz!

Audioguy

Hal

im too young :-D

funny, if i knew about this, i coulda submit.  I finished hte "prototype" a couple months ago.  That one was in a cinamon tin, with sockets, and the holes were cut slopily with shears, instead of drilled then cut.  Cutting that stuff was annoying!  It was mucho ghetto, compared to this one which is only slightly ghetto.  I was waiting for stereo jacks :(

speakers would probably sound terrible.  Metal encolsures never sound good.

Narcosynthesis

i have a few of those boxes lieing about, i use one for keeping picks in :D

may have to stick some sort of pedal in one too  8)

David

muehring56

cool build.  After seeing remmelts' I've been planning on trying to cram my npn boost into a tea tin I brought back from China.  I'll post pics if and when it works.  :)

Elektrojänis

Hmmm... I think I have posted these before, but I cant help myself.

LM386 based amp that can be hanged on a guitar strap:

Small distortion:

The distortion is a single fet booster into a bazz fuzz. The most expensive part is the (volume) potentiometer. I had a cheaper one that is almost as small on my parts bin but due to my poor planning it was a tiny bit too big.  I don't remember how much it cost but it was several euros anyway. Oh well... At least it is Alps pot.

I have made a couple of electra distortions in those läkerol boxes before.

Gilles C