brian may treble boost

Started by thomas2, August 10, 2004, 07:21:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thomas2

heheh.. man.. i don't care about brian's sound.. i'm just interested about the gear he has.. i was gonna make a few red special guitars and sell a treble booster with them  :twisted:
tee se itse tai kuole

Bluesgeetar

Uh?  That is what I have been trying to tell you.  Brian talks about his gear in the video plus you can see it right there beside him.  What?  Did you think he just sat there going over his licks.  He knows he has a unique sound and he goes over it and his gear in detail.  I mean jeez!  $19 bucks for a little piece of collectable rock history and the answers you need about his gear.  

Well never mind just keep on wondering and searching elsewhere.  

You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink.  :wink:

thomas2

now don't get me wrong.. i will get that video and i'm very thankfull of your help!  :lol:
tee se itse tai kuole

Bluesgeetar

You think that's funny!?  Wait till you watch the video and you see that the key to his sound isn't from the treble booster! :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Bluesgeetar

Hey I thought I would just check to amuse myself of what was going on with this video and here was the answer I got.

"Thank you for your email.

We searched our database and unfortunately, this title is permanently out of print and no longer available.  For copyright reasons, we are unable to maintain archive copies of out of print material and do not know who may have a copy of this video.  We're sorry we can't be more helpful.

Sincerely,
Hal Leonard Corporation"

So there you go.  When you do get it you will actually have a piece of collectable worth something rock history that is no longer available.

Just do that Google thing like I said.

thomas2

tee se itse tai kuole

BD13UK

Looking at the Stripboard layout of the May booster near the beginning of this thread can a volume/gain control be added and if so wheres the best place to add a volume/gain control to the circuit, apologies if this seems a dumb Q but I'm just really trying to learn.
Brian

petemoore

100k should do the trick.
 Just look at 'most' schematics that have volume controls and tack one on ... signal and ground wires to the outside lugs of the pot, wiper/middle  lug out the out   side>
A  1meg'l work ...500k...
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

BD13UK

Thanks for the info Pete, most appreciated !!!!!!!!!
Brian

Ge_Whiz

BC182L does not have the same pinout as other BC series transistors, not even the same as BC182. Instead of EBC it's BEC. See:

http://www.kpsec.freeuk.com/components/tran.htm

or any site showing TO92A pin-out.

Torchy

I used a BC182B as thats what I had hence the layout, didnt realise the L was different pinout  :oops:
... I also subbed in 3904/2222/5089 to test, same pinouts.