Guv'Nor from GGG

Started by hammer, August 10, 2004, 08:56:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hammer

Hello !!! i´m trying to fix a problem in a Guv´Nor (General Guitar Gadgets build instruccions) . The effect works but the sound is "flat" and poor in sustain. I tryed replacind the leds in the clipping section by silicon diodes (1N4148) even germanium (1N60), but didn't work in both cases. Also i replaced the IC (TL072) by TL082 and then by RC4558, without changes in the results. If anybody knows what component could be the reason of the problem, please tell me wath can i do ...

REGARDS
Jimi's still alive in every Strato !!!!

petemoore

Pin voltage time...
 Hook DMM Black to  cct. ground, touch red to each OA pin, [pins 1-8] and write down the voltage measurement of each pin. If any but pins 4 and 8  stray far from 1/2v, there's probly a bias issue.
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

hammer

Hey petemoore !!!!! you're really the guru number one !!!! looking for the bias problem as you suggested, i replaced the resistor  (680K) between the pins # 7 and # 6 by a 1M pot. When the resistence down (near 0), the crappy sound dessappears. Then, i replaced the pot by a jumper and the sound was warm, full of harmonics and sustain. Now, the gain drecreases a little bit, but the effect works as well. Thank you for your advice and help.

REGARDS
Jimi's still alive in every Strato !!!!

jimbob

Im building this one tonight.
"I think somebody should come up with a way to breed a very large shrimp. That way, you could ride him, then after you camped at night, you could eat him. How about it, science?"