Some pedals i've built (beginner)

Started by mat, August 10, 2004, 04:56:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Marossy

A tube amp kit, huh? Who is it made by?

mat

Its my fellow country man here in Finland. Very nice man and skillful too. Has serviced my twin'65RI and Princeton reverb sf. He just showed me how to bias the tubes for my amps + other useful stuff.

The kit contains everything (including tubes) but speaker and box for 250â,¬   :D

mat

Quote from: Paul MarossyA tube amp kit, huh? Who is it made by?

Paul Marossy

Very nice! I wish you success on your build.  8)

doug deeper

mat

Yeah, he actually always comes in front of my amp when i'm playing at home, really  :lol:

wuh!
mat

Quote from: doug deepernice dog!!!

STOMPmole

Nice looking pedals!  They remind me of my first build I just completed (hammerite finish and chickenhead knobs) except I don't have labels on my pedal.  What kind of pen do you use for the labels and can you spray a clear coat over it without the ink running?

Also, I like your dog.  It reminds me of my Schnauzer with much shorter legs!  My dog always manages to find it's way into the pictures I take as well.

My recent (finished this week) 1st build...Rangemaster:

Fret Wire

Mat..nice looking builds. :D  Nice dog too.
STOMPmole...nice..is there a Fender amp out there without it's lamp jewel? :)
Fret Wire
(Keyser Soze)

mat

Hi,

Very good looking pedal!, the jewel lamp is very cool. Do You have a green led inside that or just some kind off incandesent lamp?

The pens i used has real paint and small metal ball inside of them. Very common product i think. I havent put any clear coats yet on my pedals but am planning to. Because the letters are real paint they will do just fine under the clear coat.

Hugo is badger-dog and a very stubborn one too   :roll:  

mat

STOMPmole

Thanks for the info on the pens...I'll look for them at a local art store.

The jewel lamp is lit by a high-output seagreen LED; I used a clear jewel.
FWIW, the clear jewel/LED combo looks brighter and nicer than an incandesent bulb and (needless to say) uses alot less power.  By using a super bright LED I was able to run it at 1.5 milliamps and still have it plenty bright.