new build - triwave + mods + remote footswitch (large pics)

Started by mikeb, August 10, 2004, 07:49:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikeb

I just finished up a large-scale custom project for a client - a 4ms triwave picogenerator with just about all the mods there is (whew!), and a remote footswitch that toggles the relay-driven bypass. The graphics were done with the Schaeffer front panel designer, printed onto whole-page Avery labels, applied, then clear coated.

Mike

travissk

Wow that's complex :shock:. Looks great though!

I've heard the clips of that thing, and it sounds absolutely crazy.

axr

jimbob

"I think somebody should come up with a way to breed a very large shrimp. That way, you could ride him, then after you camped at night, you could eat him. How about it, science?"

cd

Damn, that is a SERIOUS amount of knobs.  I hope you got at least $500AUD for it :)

Chico

Fantastic looking build.  Graphics and layout are intelligent and nicely done.  Did you fabricate that enclosure yourself?

Best regards

Tom

ExpAnonColin

I envy your patience.  Getting something done like that must feel great.  The graphics look very professional.  Great work, Mike

-Colin

mikeb

Thanks for your kind words guys .... well, it feels great when it is finished and working, but at times along the way it just feels ....  :(  ...

The enclosure is one I had custom made - in fact, it is a 'raw' infinitphase MkI box sans powercoat and labels and drilling. I'd recommend against going this route, but I had them made before I was aware Hammond made sloped boxes. Still, wherever possible, I use the 1590Ds for large projects.

Mike

thomas2

tee se itse tai kuole

mikeb

No offense, but I'm no hero! Anyone can build something like this given time, patience and attention to detail. If you build 30 boosters, it's just 30 knobs with attached circuitry, right? Same deal here - 30 or so knobs with circuitry, but all in a single box. The biggest mistake you can make is to get overwhelmed by something 'big' - everything 'big' is made of smaller pieces, and if you can get a small piece working, then repeat that process, then you can get the big thing working.

Note I didn't post any interior pics - it's too embarassing!  :oops:

Mike

thomas2

heheh... man. i'm struggling with my brian may treble booster..  :lol:
you should be proud of that :D
tee se itse tai kuole

mikeb

Satisfied - yes. Proud - no. Maybe I'm too picky ... and the next project will always be the 'best' one .... :)

Also, here's the pdf for the panel:
http://prophecysound.com/temphost/triwavepanel.pdf

Mike

thomas2

i'm always happy if i get any kind of sound out of something i built :D
tee se itse tai kuole

remmelt

travissk

It's a 4ms/Commonsound Triwave Picogenerator, sort of an analog synth-inspired box that will absolutely mangle your guitar tone or generate tones of its own.

I know I'll mess up something on the workings so I won't say much - I believe it's a couple of pitch oscillators which are each modulated by three LFOs. Mods for ring modulation, expression pedals, just about anything.

Main page:
http://www.4mspedals.com/triwave.html

Available from people in the commonsound collective, or build your own:
http://www.commonsound.com/triwave.html

I haven't built a triwave because it's a little too out-there for the guitar stuff I play, but again, it's the thing for you if you're into crazy stuff. For more pedestrian players the commonsound Tremulus Lune and Phaseur Fleur are excellent pedals, and I highly recommend you take a look over all the great commonsound stuff. I'm thinking of building a Duo Distorter and already have a trem and a phaser.

troubledtom

not bad , for a skirt chaser :wink:
   peace,
   -tom

mikeb