simpleish beat box scheme???

Started by doug deeper, August 10, 2004, 09:00:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

doug deeper

anyone know of a scheme for a 60's to 70'sish beat box...(like the univox ones)
or somthing simalar???
just cheesy blip bloop kinds of sounds???
somthing that isnt that paia thing...
or even schemes for drum oscillators...that i can trigger with pads???
thanks,
doug deeper
mid-fi electronics

christian

mike:
Quotesomthing that isnt that paia thing...
;)

There´s some drum synth schematics at Music Machines and also E-Music DIY Archive.
Plenty more with google :)
who loves rain?

Christ.

Dan N

I don't know about triggering one of those "fox trot" rhythm thingies with pads.

I can't get this link to open, but think it has a cool little drum synth project, a Coron somethingorother:

http://omega.tellus.vallentuna.se/anders/

(couldn't get my build to work)

I just added a drum synth to my site that is just begging to be cloned:

http://members.fortunecity.com/uzzfay/drumfire/df.html

Triggering these things with a tr-606 or 707 can be worlds of fun!

mikeb

:oops: sorry, wasn't an intentional snub .....

Mike

Paul Perry (Frostwave)

Quote from: Dan NI can't get this link to open, but think it has a cool little drum synth project, a Coron somethingorother:
http://omega.tellus.vallentuna.se/anders/
..I believe that site is down for the University holidays. Hope it will be back (sorely missed!)

casey

i have a couple of old school schems that i can put on my site.
give me a few seconds, and ill see what i can do....
Casey Campbell

casey

Casey Campbell

casey

Quote from: doug deeperanyone know of a scheme for a 60's to 70'sish beat box...(like the univox ones)
or somthing simalar???
just cheesy blip bloop kinds of sounds???
somthing that isnt that paia thing...
or even schemes for drum oscillators...that i can trigger with pads???
thanks,
doug deeper
mid-fi electronics

i forgot you want a more simple one too...

so im going to put that on my page as well....

more to come...
Casey Campbell

Tim Escobedo

Quirky SDIYer Tom Gamble had a project called the "Dbop", which was three "drum oscillators", bass, snare, clave, driven by a 8-step sequencer. It was switchable between two banks of patterns using miniDIP switches. The "drum oscillators" themselves were pretty easy, the sequencer a bit more tricky.

That old Markus book has a schem (also by John Simonton, IIRC) called the "Thumpa Box". It's two "drum oscillators" (bass and clave, IIRC) driven by a set of unijunction transistor master oscillator/pulse divider type things. While it's pretty simple, UJTs are getting pretty hard to find. I've been considering updating the idea using Schmitt triggers in place of the UJTs.

casey

tim- i just posted it on my site......

is that the one?
Casey Campbell

Nasse

Some kind of simple noise gate that handles percussive sounds well might be useful after a simple drum oscillator, or so I believe

Think I saw once a schem near oscillation tuned bandpass filters usin cmos 4049, six drum sounds on a main pcb, and oscillator passive parts were on very small separate pcbs that plugged on main board. Maybe old elektor project
  • SUPPORTER

Paul Perry (Frostwave)

Some of those kiddy keyboards might be worth hacking, even the cheesiest 8 bit sample can be cool beatbox after you run it thru a resonant filter.