Easyvibe Question

Started by tungngruv, August 11, 2004, 08:48:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tungngruv

On R.G.Keens Easy Vibe layout, the polarity of the 4 LED's between the op amps are not marked although LED 5 & 6 are marked with a square and circle. My questions are: what side of the LED goes in the square marking and second, does LED polarity matter ( and if so, what should it be) in between the op amps? Thanks for any help on this.

Torchy

There are six LEDs on the board. Looking at the pdf diagram of the board topside, the leds that hit the ldr's should be fitted with the cathode (-ve, short lead) to the left and the anode (+ve, long lead) to the right.

The two LEDs for bias (bottom left) should have the anodes into the square pads ( ie towards the top of the board).

To identify the pins ...

Site also has  a series resistor calculator :)
http://www.bcae1.com/led.htm

petemoore

Mine went back to 'Fade Mode' where I cut the power or adjust the voltage regulator low enough to shut it down for a second, comes back up with nice sweepy sound, only for less than a minute and fades out again [the sweep sound turns 'normal']...
 I put TL062's in it, but  I had to leave in an extra 47k [or so] between pins 5 and 8 of the last stage to get any phasing anyway...very funky I know...but if I could get sustained sweep mode out of it, I'd install LDR's with better specs.
 Very wierd and confuzzling...
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

tungngruv

Just so I'm clear on this:

QuoteLooking at the pdf diagram of the board topside

by "topside", do you mean the top drawing on the PDF file? Thanks for any help

Torchy