Anyone try the Radio shack transformer for an inductor?

Started by jimbob, August 11, 2004, 02:59:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimbob

I forgot where i seen it but there was a site that showed using a RS transf for a wah. I saw one today and thought about getting it but didnt. I still might.

Has anyone done this yet?
"I think somebody should come up with a way to breed a very large shrimp. That way, you could ride him, then after you camped at night, you could eat him. How about it, science?"

aron

Yes I have done this. You know, it didn't sound too good to me, but others have said it can work.

That being said, you know, if you wanted inductors, I can get the dunlop ones at a decent price.

jimbob

"I think somebody should come up with a way to breed a very large shrimp. That way, you could ride him, then after you camped at night, you could eat him. How about it, science?"

brett

Hi.  I've done this.  It worked quite well (95% as good as a CryBaby).

We don't have RS in Oz, but the part seems to be the same - a miniature 3K:3K transformer.  They're only a couple of bucks, and it's HEAPS less works than winding your own inductor.

good luck
Brett Robinson
Let a hundred flowers bloom, let a hundred schools of thought contend. (Mao Zedong)

RDV

I did it too, not good. Best to use that transformer for a low powered amp output transformer.

RDV

gez

"They always say there's nothing new under the sun.  I think that that's a big copout..."  Wayne Shorter