Help on a Mace VT phaser circuit.

Started by Lonestarjohnny, August 11, 2004, 03:30:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lonestarjohnny

http://members.tripod.com/NatCade/schems/Peavey/dmvt1.gif
I'll be starting back on my Mace next week and was hoping someone might be able to give me advice on how to make this phaser sound more like a univibe or if it's a hopeless thought, it look's to be working off the 478's = ca3094's.
any input or mod's that can be offered on this will be very helpfull, I don't have much knowledge of these circuit's= phaser's.
Thank's,
Johnny

RDV

A guess would be C10, 12, 14, & 16 in the Uni-Vibe values of 0.015uF, 0.22uF, 470pF, and 0.0047uF?

RDV

Lonestarjohnny

Koool Ricky, would ya think film cap's, Tant's, or would ya think maybe try a few different type's to see what ya get ?
got another question, on the custom footcontroller i want to build and add on to the T.R.O.G.G. for the vibe speed, the original used a 250K stacked pot, should i try to go that way or should maybe i be looking at a opto system ?
Johnny

puretube

it really doesn`t matter!
if you find tanatalums of the right values: it`s ok (but I doubt you will);
if you find ceramics (you`ll find some of those values): put`em in...

Lonestarjohnny

RDV

Quote from: LonestarjohnnyKoool Ricky, would ya think film cap's, Tant's, or would ya think maybe try a few different type's to see what ya get ?
got another question, on the custom footcontroller i want to build and add on to the T.R.O.G.G. for the vibe speed the original used a 250K stacked pot, should i try to go that way or should maybe i be looking at a opto system ?
Johnny
I'd go with films. For the speed, I'd try to use the original value however you go about it. Those Peavey built in phasers were pretty cool, not a bit subtle. With univibe values it oughta get downright seasick!

RDV

toneman

• SUPPORTER
TONE to the BONE says:  If youTHINK you got a GOOD deal:  you DID!

puretube

Quote from: tonemanwhat's a "478"??
tb

re-read 1st post!

it`s a small-stone clone, with caps halved, resistors doubled, and the others adapted...

toneman

• SUPPORTER
TONE to the BONE says:  If youTHINK you got a GOOD deal:  you DID!