Mosfet Boost distortion?

Started by jimbob, August 12, 2004, 02:36:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimbob

I rebuilt this and it sounded great at 1st..Now im getting a little distortion in it and not sure what is the cause.  I took out the bs170 and put a 2n7000 and no difference. Any idea?
"I think somebody should come up with a way to breed a very large shrimp. That way, you could ride him, then after you camped at night, you could eat him. How about it, science?"

bwanasonic

Is the MosFet Boost distorting, or is it overloading the next stage of your setup? Just something to check...

Kerry M

jimbob

No its distorting..I have it by itself on the clean channel as i did a few days before but this time theres this slight overdrive. It was a clean boost at one time.
"I think somebody should come up with a way to breed a very large shrimp. That way, you could ride him, then after you camped at night, you could eat him. How about it, science?"

Alpha579

check the battery voltage...possibly a low battery?
Alex Fiddes

jimbob

thats what i thought than i hooked it to a 9v adapter

bwanasonic

I don't remember getting distortion when twiddling the trim I used for bias adjustment, but maybe your bias has drifted? Does it still read about 4.5 v ?

Kerry M