News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

robovox

Started by thomas2, August 12, 2004, 11:34:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thomas2

just one question about this.. there's noise in the signal when i'm not playing (i believe this is normal because the circuit wasn't designed for guitar), but i can hear some of the noise when it's on bypass.. i mean..
i used a dpdt switch.. i don't understand how the noise can get trough even when it's bypassed and no signal shouldn't come out of the circuit..
anyway.. if someone has an idea what could be the reason, please let me know  :lol:
tee se itse tai kuole

smoguzbenjamin

Probably something with the power rails. I figured out a better way to silence it though: short pins 11 and 13 together and the drone signal is killed. No tone sucking as far as I can tell either! :D
I don't like Holland. Nobody has the transistors I want.

thomas2

i built 2 of them. other one with the larger caps for tremolo effect.. then put them both in the same box.. man that sounds weird!
:)
tee se itse tai kuole

smoguzbenjamin

Did you try shorting those two pins? By the way you could build a robovox with a DPDT switch and switch the caps. Just put both caps on one end and use the switch to select which cap size is used.

thomas2

yes i could, but then i wouldn't get the robot effect and tremolo at the same time  :wink:  i haven't tried shorting the pins.. yet..
tee se itse tai kuole

smoguzbenjamin