6 (30%)
Radio Shack
2 (10%)
I get them from a better source
1 (5%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Voting closed: August 12, 2004, 03:07:59 PM

Hal

just wondering....I realized that the cheep ones were a lot cheaper, and wondering if they were any good....

I guess if you have a good source for fairly small quantities (10-20) could u share?

cd

Switchcraft, or for locking ones, Neutrik.

PB Wilson

Switchcraft--they're solid and I like 'em even if they take up a lot of real estate in the enclosure.

axr

Alex C

Until now, only Switchcraft, but I just put in an order today for some Neutriks, so I'll give you a full report.

Alex

ExpAnonColin

I find the whole switchcraft thing silly.

They work well, they don't spin out of shape, but I've now literally used over 200 of these stereo switched jacks I buy in bulk for super cheap and none of them have gone bad at all.  Plus, they work for almost any application I'd want.

-Colin

black mariah

I use whatever's cheap and available. It doesn't matter much to me. I've never seen a failed jack, even on the cheapest guitars imaginable (and I've seen a LOT of those). You're looking at three metal tabs. There's not much to fail there.

Lonestarjohnny

Just like Clint Eastwood Said "For A Few Dollar's More" Baby, I'll spend a lil extra just to know it'll last for awhile if your gigging it every week.
Johnny

Alex C