custom wah - "breathing" LED

Started by ESPm2M, August 12, 2004, 06:30:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ESPm2M

How difficult would it be to install an on/off indicator LED, that pulsates at a very low frequency while on (completely stand alone from the effects circuit), into a JB "Mod Wah" (Vox 847 shell) that is wired for true bypass with a 3PDT switch? 8)

phew, what a mouth full.

ESPm2M

you rock!

thanks!

Ge_Whiz

You can also buy 'flashing' LEDs in a range of colours that flash at about 2Hz and accept any input voltage from 3V to 12V (no series resistor needed), for about half a dollar.

ESPm2M

Quote from: Torchyhttp://analogalchemy.com/pedals/ledpulser.gif

Torchy, is the LED Pulser a true bypass design? I'm still wet behind the ears here...

smoguzbenjamin

Wel, yeah. You just hang that on the 3pdt instead of just the LED.
I don't like Holland. Nobody has the transistors I want.

ESPm2M

Quote from: smoguzbenjaminWel, yeah. You just hang that on the 3pdt instead of just the LED.

I mean in conjunction with a DPDT (as shown in the LED Pulser schematic) in a true bypassed wah setting.

Sorry about the dead link, not sure what is up with that.

ESPm2M

or... how would I wire a 3PDT into a wah for true bypass?

ESPm2M

I may have just figured it out, but I welcome, hopefully confirming, information.

Torchy

Quote from: ESPm2M
Quote from: Torchyhttp://analogalchemy.com/pedals/ledpulser.gif

Torchy, is the LED Pulser a true bypass design? I'm still wet behind the ears here...

Works same as the Millenium bypass indicator  :wink:

ESPm2M

Torchy, I perfboarded the LED pulser and it doesn't pulse. It flashes once when the input cable is inserted but then it remains consistently lit, though extremely dimly (noticeable only upon close inspection), there after.  Switching the main bypass turns it of, as it should, but when it is switched back in it ramps up from dead to barely visible and then remains that way as before.  I used a 3PDT stomp switch, rather than the DPDT, as the main bypass because I had several handy.  I used a Water-clear bright blue 5mm LED. I also used the recommended 2N5089.  My perfboard layout is 100% correct I have been over it time and again.

Any ideas on how to get this pulsating?

Torchy

I think its like the Mil2 in that you need the pedals internal resistance to make it pulse - cant see the schem now, PM me with what you're trying to achieve and I may have a schem to suit ...

lightningfingers

QuoteI think its like the Mil2 in that you need the pedals internal resistance to make it pulse

It does. I have a modded one on my BMP :wink:
U N D E F I N E D