Wah Differences? Dime wahs?

Started by jimbob, August 13, 2004, 03:43:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimbob

Im studying the "wah" right now and building 2 diff kinds..I see theres the new dime wahs and was wondering what the diff there was compared to most dunlop/vox/ect... I think its almost the same as the 535q but i never seen the insides. I know my 535q isnt something id mess with..tiney weeny things in there! I repaired one a while back--just a simple pot replacemnt..but no board work.

heres a dime wah-one od 2 or 3 i think

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/sid=040812234915065028027020706875/g=guitar/s=specials/search/detail/base_pid/151011/
"I think somebody should come up with a way to breed a very large shrimp. That way, you could ride him, then after you camped at night, you could eat him. How about it, science?"

YouAre

Its got a fine adjustment pot which adjusts where in the sweep the toe down range is. plus the hardware is better becase you can adjust the torque of the rocker. and its got an extra jack so you can have the input and outout on the same side

Samuel

I know I'm willfully ignoring "the lingo", but this is poorly phrased:

" It sounds bad, and with camo graphics it looks bad too."

jimbob

[/quote]I know I'm willfully ignoring "the lingo", but this is poorly phrased:

" It sounds bad, and with camo graphics it looks bad too."

Now thats funny. Ive never heard them before so i was wondering if it were really different or another way to tack on a few extra$$$ by painting this thing camo..I kinda like the camo thing though..After researching, its seems to me that its just a painted 535q with camo paint. oh and and extra jack on one side.
"I think somebody should come up with a way to breed a very large shrimp. That way, you could ride him, then after you camped at night, you could eat him. How about it, science?"

travissk

Haha - I didn't fully understand your post until I looked at the Musician's Friend site. Sure enough,

"It sounds bad, and with camo graphics it looks bad too."

At least they're being honest. I haven't heard too much about this wah; the Crybaby is pretty standard (I prefer others... don't have a wah right now though) and this adds some sort of bandwidth control and a bigger sweep.

For the curious, the official site has the original quote:
QuoteDime concludes. “It sounds bad-assed and it looks bad-assed too. It’s ready for war!”