I've got the Pess n' Peel Blues

Started by gorohon, August 13, 2004, 03:19:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gorohon

I don't know why I seem to be having problems with my Press n' Peel at this time.  I've used it successfully in the past without any problem.  Now, it seems like I can never get the full design to stick and have had the blue part (not the transfer) start to stick to the copper.  Maybe I'm using too much heat, but this is what worked before.  What problems have you guys had with Press n' Peel and what have your solutions been.  I followed the instructions, but maybe you guys have some tips to share with me.
"Come on in...I've got caaandy!" H.S.

brett

QuoteNow, it seems like I can never get the full design to stick
I found this for a while.  2 ideas;
1. Press-n-peel seems to work better when it's new
2.  The board needs to be VERY clean.  I changed to sandpaper then toothpaste (previously Ajax cleaner) and have got better results (about 99% success).
3.  Don't go too hot with the iron.  Around the "wool" setting is best.

Unfortunately, some experimentation is necessary, and that probably means a few failures as well as eventual success. :D
Brett Robinson
Let a hundred flowers bloom, let a hundred schools of thought contend. (Mao Zedong)

gorohon

Hey, Brett, this Pn'P that I have is about a year and a half old.  I'll have to try using toothpaste and see how that works.  At least the PCB can be cleaned off--blank slate.   I still have one sheet of Pn'P left.  If that gets wasted, then I might try the glossy photo paper that I've heard of some trying.

Paul Perry (Frostwave)

If the blue part is sticking to the copper, even where the toner isn't, then the blue stuff is no longer stuck properly to the backing sheet, whihc implies that through storage problems (or just age) it is what we scientists call @#*&ed. Perhaps try one of the cheapo alternatives.

gorohon

Yeah, I was afraid that was the case.  I'll use this stuff up, but I think the alternative choices will be the thing to try.  I've got to make this hobby less expensive anyways.