Supercheap VTL5LC2 Vactrol's on eBay, 1840 left @ $1!

Started by ExpAnonColin, August 13, 2004, 03:20:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ExpAnonColin

Fret Wire

Wow! Great price! I wish they were the VTL5C3/2 for the Phase 100. Still, someone should stock up on them. Thanks for sharing. :)
Fret Wire
(Keyser Soze)

rhinson

hello there,   i'm wondering about the specs.-- differences between the different models (vtl5c1, vtl5c2, vtl5c3, vtl5c4),  and what affects their functioning in tremolo circuits, etc. and which models are best suited to which kind of effect.  i know the voodoo labs tremolo uses the 5c3 version.  the sub for the now extinct clm6000 from the anderton book is also a 5c3 version.  will all of these versions work in most circuits (for instance the tremulus lune circuit)  or would you have to tweek the circuit?  the specs sheets are on randall aikens site.  it looks like the 5c3 has the greatest "on" resistance ratings of the four so maybe that's the reason for it's seeming usefulness in effects circuits and maybe the others are just used as switching devices. i'm no expert for sure--just guessing.  prehaps someone who really knows what they're talking about can chime in with good info.   thanks very much.

mikeb

I'd say the 'fastest' response are best (and that includes fastest decay as well as attack) because you cal always slow down the response in other ways; similarly, the widest range is best, as the range can be limited (with ye olde 220k resistor in parallel, say, as is done in the Mutron III and the Mutron Biphase).

Likely any vactrol will work in the tremulus lune, with different models providing slightly different characteristics to the wobbliness of the trem.

Mike

lovekraft0

nirvanas silence

nirvanas silence

Jason Stout

I hope you saved yourself $25.00 and got them from BG Micro!
Jason Stout

ExpAnonColin

Quote from: lovekraft0Don't want to tread on anybody's toes , but BG Micro has them for half that price in qty 2:
http://www.bgmicro.com/prodinfo.asp?sid=06715393518518526319024077&prodid=ICSVTL5LC2

WOW!  That's not only half of that, that's 1/10 of small bear's price, and plenty cheap enough to use not only for repairing but also new projects!

-Colin