calling mikeb...

Started by Branimir, August 13, 2004, 05:06:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Branimir

hey, you said somewhere around here that you could make a pcb if requested...

well..
i have a request...
its a lxh2 marshall amp simulator, can you do it please?

those opamps are in TL084s power supply is dual +/-9V...

i would be grateful...

dunno how to repay for it... but, if thing sounds good through a 100ss pow amp and a 2x12" celestion vintage 30s box in my band's practice space, you'll get a credit for something in the liner notes on the next (first) album.. heh...

ps: pots mounted off board off course...
Umor

Built: Fuzz Face, Small Stone, Trem Lune, Fet Muff, Big Muff (green), Fuxx Face, Son of Screamer, Rat, Rebote 2.5, Opamp Big Muff, EA Tremolo, Easyvibe, Axis Face Si

mikeb

Sure ... though I think it would be better to use dual opamps instead of quads as then you have a wider range of devices available. Would that be ok?

Mike

Branimir

well i don't mind, but on the site it has been noted that: "All guitar amp simulator circuits MUST use dual regulated +/- 9v power supply and use TLO84 quad op amps to obtain proper distortion charicteristics. Yes, there are newer and better op amps, but these distortion circuits were designed around the intrinsic charicteristics of this particular op amp"

so i guess it's TL084 way to go...
:shock:
Umor

Built: Fuzz Face, Small Stone, Trem Lune, Fet Muff, Big Muff (green), Fuxx Face, Son of Screamer, Rat, Rebote 2.5, Opamp Big Muff, EA Tremolo, Easyvibe, Axis Face Si

mikeb

Hmmmm .... well, ok, in the interests of being correct then I'll use quads.....

Mike

Branimir

thank you very much!!!  :D

well not to spam other topics, let me type a few facts about myself.. if anyone cares, i feel like typing this since i started to post more often around here...

heh..

i'm 22, i live in croatia and i started with diy guitar electronics around age 17 when i started to (learno to) play guitar.. i was familiar with basic electronics since i went to a technic oriented high school...

my first project was son of screamer and the fet muff... both made around the time while AMZ was still diy site with schems and pcbs... i made a metal box for those two.. acutally one box for those two and use them together...

i used to use it while practicing with my band, later our band's 2nd guitarist used it.. and then it died... never fixed it since...
i did a fuxx face too.. but i think i managed to turn it on once and then after ununderstanding of use of that fizzy fuzzy tone, disasembled it for parts  :shock:  :shock: (planing on rebuilding it though).

last year i destroyed one old tube radio and built a hi-octane (and got rid of the need for a distortion pedal) from it...

i did 2 sansamp gt2 that i used to drive a 100w ss pow amp into crappy 12" car radio speakers that eventually blew up and speared my and band from bad tone and low volume...

i did an easyvibe yesterday, already fitted it into a box... i guess it'll go to my standard gear 100 %.

i'm waiting for the output trannie for the renegade project from ax84...

i have an already mentioned 100w pow amp and a 2x12" empty box that i'm about to fill with vintage 30s...

i hope i'll find somekind of preamp to drive all this thing till i made the renegade, since i don't have anything else to play with my band in the basement... (preamp hints welcome)

i play on a... heavily modified ex strat squier..

acutally i there's nothing from the squier except for the bridge... new finish, neck has been thinned, new tuning machines, new frets, new 0 zero fret, di marzion fast track 2 in neck, kent armstrong something single coil in middle, seymour duncan JB in bridge...

my only electric and i don't care, it's the best guitar i ever played (worked in a guitar shop so i tried others heh)...

that's about it, the band is called Crop Circle, our site is dead, i don't have much time, college exams... but next 10 days i'm all diy guitar stuff guy, finally, heh :D  :D

cheers!
Umor

mikeb

Cool ... I built a Fuxx Face as my first ever project and was pretty happy (actually crazy happy!) when it worked first time. :)

Give me a day or two (it's half-done already ;) ) .... and I'll post back here when done.....

Mike

Branimir

man you rule!

ps: son of screamer was the only project ever that worked from the try one! rest of them needed more or less debugging.. even though the pcb were perfect, i made soldering mistakes and so on.. heh...
Umor

troubledtom

Quote from: Branimirman you rule!

ps: son of screamer was the only project ever that worked from the try one! rest of them needed more or less debugging.. even though the pcb were perfect, i made soldering mistakes and so on.. heh...
yes he does, mike is the greatest :P
            peace,
                - tom