DIY Buffered Signal Splitter.. which one??

Started by Duke of Metal, August 13, 2004, 09:33:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duke of Metal

hey guys,
I might add a 2nd preamp in the future to my rack setup and might want to use a buffered signal splitter to split the signal coming out of my guitar to 2 without having tone suckage or having the signal become weaker.

Any suggestions??  Not looking for an A/B box. I'll most likely need somthing to leave on the whole time.  I am guessing it would have to be 9v source powered.

Thanks,
Duke

nero1985

y dont u use the crybaby buffer???

Duke of Metal

Quote from: nero1985y dont u use the crybaby buffer???
Well.. i removed it when I modded it for true bypass because it added unwanted noise when the pedal was rocked forward and tonaly it wasnt good... and the crybaby only has 1 output. I am looking for somthing that splits the signal into 2. that way, i can go:

Guitar
Wah
Buffered Splitter
--> Preamp 1
--> Preamp 2

The preamps will be midi controlled and both working at the same time.  This is basicly for a stereo setup but using 1 stereo 412 cabinet.

nirvanas silence

Doesn't the AMZ booster have two outputs?  Seems like that set for unity gain would be perfect.

R.G.

Any booster with high input impedance and low output impedance will keep your tone intact and sparkly.

If you have any hum problems, though, you need to do something about ground loops. For that, see GEO's "Hum Free Splitter".
R.G.

In response to the questions in the forum - PCB Layout for Musical Effects is available from The Book Patch. Search "PCB Layout" and it ought to appear.

Duke of Metal

Thanks guys.. will check those out!!

Duke