gunna make a rog sansamp...maybe...

Started by Hal, August 14, 2004, 01:47:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hal

I was inspired by this really neat box i found in my basement

so I guess the question is - what circuits should i use?  This will probably be mostly for recording, so i might  put in a stomp switch, but i dont need stomps for each "channel," I can use a rotary switch or slide or something...

I dont wanna make it too crazy, something like 3 fet emulations is enough for me.  The real question is, would i be able to use the same pots for the whole box...?  I dunno, im sure there are other problems i haven't thought of.  Have any of you done this, or something similar, and how'd it turn out?

petemoore

'''so I guess the question is - what circuits should i use? """
 '''how are you recording? straight in or through an amp/mic?
would i be able to use the same pots for the whole box...? I dunno, im sure there are other problems i haven't thought of.'''
 This would require complex switch or multipin plug/jack routing and circuit selection of circuits that use the same value pots.
 What circuits have you tried?
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

Hal

i havent tried any of them  :lol:

I'm really not too into that whole amp sim thing, but I need _something_ for DI recording, guitar - sound card. I had a little 741 preamp that added some tone, but not _quite_ what i need.  I was thinking of buying a cheep rackmount tube preamp, but....then i realized i could build these things.

i know i can do a lot with software, but dont really wanna :-D

oh yea, http://www.mouser.com/index.cfm?handler=displayproduct&lstdispproductid=309154&e_categoryid=144&e_pcodeid=01005

i guess i would need something like this.  I done see myslef putting more than 3 emulators in it...this is 4 poles.  Thats obviously not enough to switch the pots, but more may exist...

donald stringer

Hal here is one possible scenario> #1 guitar into > amz moss booster>[if you have just one dpdt wire it so the moss booster can be thrown to the last effect in your chain [speaker simulator per general guitar gadgets] or to an 2p6t [radio shack quick fix] where your amp emulations reside my choice would be prof. tweed; fetzer valve; choose maybe thunderchief for a high gain this would give you a good variety of sounds out of proven schematics add your mxr dynacomp up front and your choice of rev on the end and your ready to go. .... maybe add a toggle on your speaker sim. for brightness or whatever. If you didnt want to build 3 amp sim. go with just a prof tweed on one side and moss booster on the other then to speaker sim. The prof tweed overdrives really cool with the right od in front of it....maybe for that third pedal to add some variety scope out some of the 2n5089 heavy metal creations available on this site. Have a wonderful evening.
troublerat