News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

DOD YJM Clip

Started by Davide, August 14, 2004, 09:16:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Davide

oooh well :)
5 minutes of time so i post a little clip of the DOD YJM Overdrive i've built some weeks ago :)

When i'll have other 5 minutes i'll do a better clip i swear  :oops:

Clip

audioguy

Which layout did you use for that one? Imlooking at building the same pedal.
Thanks!

Lonestarjohnny

Sounds very good Davide,  8)
Johnny

Davide

The layout is very similar to the DOD250 you can find on GGG except for some different parts values you can notice in the YJM schematic you can easly find on the net (i remember a smaller input cap..)
AH! .. and the PCB that i've modified 'cause of the different pins of the 4558 IC.

If you wanna the modified PCB give me your mail  :wink:

Joe Hart

I think my YJM pedal has a 4558 chip in it. Not 100 percent sure, though. But if it is the 4558 (besides a different sound), it would have a different pinout than a single opamp chip.
-Joe Hart

Davide

Quote from: Joe HartI think my YJM pedal has a 4558 chip in it. Not 100 percent sure, though. But if it is the 4558 (besides a different sound), it would have a different pinout than a single opamp chip.
-Joe Hart

Yeah, i've used a 4558, that's why i had to modify the dod250 pcb ('cause it has a lm741, single opamp)

Paul Marossy

How did you record that, through an amp? Mine doesn't seem to sound that good, kind of harsh clipping...

Davide

I've recorded with

my ESP guitar --> Boss Me8 --> pc
_______________DOD YJM

i've used the Dod as an external distortion of the boss multieffect (to add some reverb and delay), but simply through my amp it sounds the same  :wink:

ED

I've found with both my DOD clones (YJM & 250) the YJM has a much smother sound compared to the 250, and the 250 was too harsh sounding.
Maybe i screwed up the 250 though.

Your YJM sounds awesome good job! :o

ED
Solid State Amp = Shit house
Owner of Solid State Amp = Tone Deaf

R@bbiT

This sounds realllllllly goooood. I would like t obuild it too but I have problems with finding schematic. Could someone post a site with YJMs overdrive schematic.

No really good sounding circuit[/quote]

zener

OT: how do you pronounce "Yngwie"? I have no idea :? .
Oh yeah!

Jim Jones

I've always said, "Ing-vay", I assume that's right but I might be wrong.  :)

Jim

Paul Marossy

"Ing-vay" is the correct pronunciation.

Prive

YJM pronunciate Ing-vai in his own video clinic.

Hey Ing-VAI?????? :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Saludos, Marcelo.
Fuzz boxes don't need on/off switch!!!!!!!!

zener

So, very much like German where "w" sounds like "v" :roll:
Oh yeah!

RDV

Ying Yang Malmstein.

RDV