New chick on the block wants the news on boost pedals

Started by Melanie K, August 15, 2004, 08:23:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zener

And the storm subsides...

Quote from: Melanie KWhat a lovely group of hands on musicians you are
You've just seen it. :lol:  

I'm still a bit amused with how thread this went through. 4 pages and 1200+ views in less than 3 days. Pretty fast considering the fact that this ain't a "post your pic of ..." or "what's your favorite..." or "new at ROG..." threads. :roll:
Oh yeah!

Fret Wire

Quote from: zener
I'm still a bit amused with how thread this went through. 4 pages and 1200+ views in less than 3 days. Pretty fast considering the fact that this ain't a "post your pic of ..." or "what's your favorite..." or "new at ROG..." threads. :roll:

True...but did you notice that the "post a pic of yourself" thread revived right after Melanie posted?
Fret Wire
(Keyser Soze)

Ansil

Quote from: zachary vexno, amada is my administrative assistant.  she handles sales, does all the paperwork, shipping, errands... my apprentice is working directly on the electronics about 50% of the time and the rest is knobbing, footing, testing, qc, and tracking repairs.

hmmm  AMADA...  sorry lost my self for a minute   :D .  btw zack  she is really nice on the phone too very professional without being cold like a lot of people who answer phones are.  two thumbs up on excellent service.

Joe Hart

I agree that it is interesting that this thread got so much attention.

And the post a pic of yourself thread was suddenly resurected.

Hmmm.

Melanie, I don't think this is a coincidence.

-Joe Hart

puretube

Quote from: zachary vex...there are female pedal people out there.

like FRAN.... (-TONE)....

zener

Quote from: Fret Wiredid you notice that the "post a pic of yourself" thread revived right after Melanie posted?
Hmm... :roll: you're right  8)

Aron's Stompbox Forum's "thread conspiracy", huh? :lol:
Oh yeah!

Melanie K

For the record, I'm not at all worried or offended in any way, just overwhelmed by the 4 pages of replies when I half expected to be ignored as I checked back in on my thread.

This is a good thing!!!

You guys are very funny geeks in indeed (no offence :wink: )
and have made me feel very welcome and have inspired me to try this out when I hadn't quite convinced myself if it was a good idea, so, a big thanks to all of you.

Now I'm off to get busy,
see you crazy bunch soon.

Mel

Hal

Quote from: zachary vexbye!

LOLOL for some reason that made me laugh really hard.  I guess I was expecting something else there....

Sic

I'm really glad that this forum has people that are able to have a heated conversation and still maintaiin a respectful outlook towards one another. Thanks fretwire, much respect my friend =D

Melanie, sorry i cause such commotion =p But we are very happy to have you here, i remembered when someone responded to my first post as i was eagerly hitting refresh, it makes you feel good.

:wink:

-Sic

Fret Wire

You're Welcome. We provided everbody a much needed distraction from their new found testosterone release :wink:
Fret Wire
(Keyser Soze)

Fret Wire

Quote from: Melanie K
Mel

Ok...she's gone....Quick! Put your plastic glasses and pocket protectors back on! :roll:
Fret Wire
(Keyser Soze)

David

Quote from: Fret Wire
Quote from: Melanie K
Mel

Ok...she's gone....Quick! Put your plastic glasses and pocket protectors back on! :roll:

Dang!  Now what did I do with my slide rule?  Oh, yeah!  I sold it on E-Bay!

niftydog

QuoteNow what did I do with my slide rule? Oh, yeah! I sold it on E-Bay!

I just bought one at a garage sale! Mostly out of interest... only just learning how to use one. But hey, for $4AUS I figured it'd be worth it!

I'm glad she used the word geek rather than nerd. There's a distinct difference there, I much prefer being known as a geek. Geeks are way hipper than nerds.
niftydog
Shrimp down the pants!!!
“It also sounded something like the movement of furniture, which He
hadn't even created yet, and He was not so pleased.” God (aka Tony Levin)

phillip

AND NOW (going back to the original purpose of the thread)...which pedal did you decide to build?

Phillip

smoguzbenjamin

Quote from: niftydogGeeks are way hipper than nerds.
Hmmm. Geek eh? Ah to hell with it, being a geek is way cooler than being 'popular'. I'm actually doing something with my life instead of worrying about my social status at school.

You know what's a sad thing? You have people in this world (near where I live :P ) who do everything for social status, even when they're in their sixties and have kids and everything... It's all so... fake! While all the geeks are becoming succesful professors and engineers, lol :lol: Oh and tone gods too. No offence Mr. The Tone God :mrgreen:
I don't like Holland. Nobody has the transistors I want.

EdJ

Hey Ben,i  saw your last name for the first time,you aren`t by any chance Martin Allen`s son are you?
Greetings,Ed

smoguzbenjamin

I don't like Holland. Nobody has the transistors I want.

Fret Wire

....And the Geek shall inherit the Earth....or something like that. :roll:
Fret Wire
(Keyser Soze)

EdJ

I don`t know if it is a pity.Martin Allen had a great band in the late 70`s/early 80`s called the Sunny Jim Band.Last time i heard from him he was living in Amsterdam but i guess that must have been 15 years or so ago.
Ed