Started by Gilles C, August 15, 2004, 09:13:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gilles C

toneman

requires a "subscription".

do U have schematic??

tone
  • SUPPORTER
TONE to the BONE says:  If youTHINK you got a GOOD deal:  you DID!

Gilles C

A subscription??? No.

I found it with Google and just went through it...

Now I can't acces it either.  :(  

Sorry. I'll check that again.

mikeb

You need to buy a sub for the on-line version. I think I've got that distortion article around somewhere but - personally - I wouldn't bother. While I have a great respect for Silicon Chip the musician-related articles are always produced from a 'boffins' point of view - checkout the packaging of the distortion box! It's a plastic case, unshielded.

There's much better circuits already freely available on the 'net.

Mike

spongebob

If you click on "printer-friendly version" you can see a very small picture of the schematic, looks like something op-amp based...

spongebob

http://us1.webpublications.com.au/static/images/articles/i303/30329_3mg.jpg :twisted:

Looks like a deluxe version of a Dist+, with a 3-way EQ and opamp-based virtual ground, but otherwise no surprises...

Arno van der Heijden

What's the deal with all this supply filtering??!!!

Paul Perry (Frostwave)

Quote from: Arno van der HeijdenWhat's the deal with all this supply filtering??!!!
The 220nFare just bypass caps at each of the chips, I expect.

StephenGiles

This isn't going to sound anywhere near as good as a RAT!
Stephen
"I want my meat burned, like St Joan. Bring me pickles and vicious mustards to pierce the tongue like Cardigan's Lancers.".

Gilles C

Hummm... Got misunderstood here.  :o

Don't forget I said "nice article"...

I didn't mean this circuit was better than anything else  :wink:

Just that there was some nice info in the article...

The schematic is just a part of the info, not the info itself, that could have helped a beginner understand a few things...

That's what is missing sometimes in some projects: info.

I always felt that for a schematic to be informative, it needed some explanations to go with that. Well, I'm talking about people who still don't know how things work. That includes many beginners that come to this forum to learn.

A good example of what I like to see: GEO's site http://www.diystompboxes.com/forums/stompboxforum/

That is also why I like to give a lot of details when I post something.

Sorry, my mother made me like that.  :)

Gilles

brett

I agree that this isn't a quality kit.  But Silicon chip has an excellent project/article on direct injection.  The kit (incl quality pre-drilled metal box, etc) sells for about OZ$40 = US$30.  IMO great value.
Brett Robinson
Let a hundred flowers bloom, let a hundred schools of thought contend. (Mao Zedong)