For share my happyness

Started by Lee, August 15, 2004, 12:42:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lee

You know guys,today is the most happy day I spent  .Finally!I `ve sove the noise problom of the sansamp gt2 clone today!
I  used a diode to conect the guitar line`s GND  and the PCB`s GND  ! Those noise has gone !Forever!   HAHAHAHAHA !

Peter Snowberg

Hmmmmm I wonder what was causing that??  :?

Congratulation on solving your problem! 8) :D
Eschew paradigm obfuscation

Marcos - Munky

Congratulations, Lee. This is a way to reduce noise that I never heard about.

smoguzbenjamin

That would be a way of stopping ground loops.... interesting.
I don't like Holland. Nobody has the transistors I want.

Jason Stout

How are the diodes pointing? Anode or cathode to ground?
Jason Stout

niftydog

it won't "stop" ground loops, but it cuts the frequency in half, so a 60Hz hum becomes a 30Hz hum, which is probably below the freq response of most amplifiers.
niftydog
Shrimp down the pants!!!
“It also sounded something like the movement of furniture, which He
hadn't even created yet, and He was not so pleased.” God (aka Tony Levin)

Lee

I don`t know how does it works``but it is working``And the diode is 1n4148  ,anode point to the GND on board, cathode point to BAT ' - '  and guitar `s GND.

I dicided to change it  to 1n4007 just check if it could make the noise more lower``  It can also stop the wrong power supply I think.

zener

Hey Lee, nice to know you were able to tame that beast. :P  I've built that thrice already. The first two ended up as a squeal machine. :x  The last one ended up better than the first two but there's still some noise as I turn level/high/drive controls.

Can you elaborate more on the noise you encountered before putting the diode in series with ground. thanks
Oh yeah!