Preamp question

Started by Mihkel, August 16, 2004, 12:55:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mihkel

I know this is not related to stompboxes, but I thought this would be a better place to put this thread than the Lounge. Anyway, I found this schematic on the net and I was wondering how (if) could I add a volume control to this?

Nasse

I think it is just best to put a volume pot after the circuit, and leave the preamp "fixed gain" design.

This circuit is not suitable for use as normal electric guitar preamp, but I believe you know that
  • SUPPORTER

Mihkel

Thanks for the reply. Yea, I know that, I'm gonna use it in my acoustic. As for the control, any ideas about the pot value?

Thanks

Nasse

I would start at 1 meg or 470k...100k , quess lower values work fine but I am not very much home with discrete transistor stages, with that 0,1 uf cap maybe bass starts roll off with very low impedance
  • SUPPORTER

Mihkel

I built it, but when the transistor is in its socket, there is a VERY, VERY loud whistle, that only stops when something is said in the microphone. What's causing this?

Andui

try poining the mic in the other way than the cab. that could help and you also could turn down the high on your amp a bit