Battery clips/retainers in Australia/Melbourne

Started by octafish, August 17, 2004, 02:46:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

octafish

Hello Australia! What do you guys use to secure the battery in your stomp boxes. Up till now I have been using gaffa tape, but now i have started putting stuff together for people I would like something that looks a little more professional.

P.S. I just do work for beer and parts plus 20% and I give credit to designers that inspire my pedals plus including two schematics in the pedal the original, plus the actual circuit that is in the thing.

P.P.S. If you can get this situation happening you will get a good supply of beer plus get to try out DIY circuits without buying any parts yerself. Cool!
Shoot straight you bastards. Don't make a mess of it. -Last words of Breaker Morant

Fret Wire

This is what most people use to retain batteries. Small Bear, Mouser, and just about any decent electronic store carries them for usually under a dollar. JB Weld or similar epoxies hold them in place very well.

Do you work for any beer, or just Foster's? I see an idea for their next commercial. :idea:  :twisted:
Fret Wire
(Keyser Soze)

Paul Perry (Frostwave)

Jaycar have those clips, or at least they are in the Jaycar catalog. Don't bother going to Dick Smith, unless you want an overpriced mobile phone  :evil:
My emergency supplies come from the A'Beckett St store near RMIT (Melbourne).

octafish

Hmmm yeah i had it out with a DSE clerk the other day. Their 0.1uF poly film caps aren't. They have miss stocked with .01uF  every single store in Melbourne I have been to! At least 5 in the eastern part of Melb. Thanks for directing me to Jaycar I haven't been able to find anything at the usually reliable Rockby.

BTW Fret I work for Coopers Best Extra Stout. Or their Pale Ale. No one in Australia actually drinks Fosters, its all a big joke on the world.
Shoot straight you bastards. Don't make a mess of it. -Last words of Breaker Morant

Fret Wire

Incidentally, that battery clip, and some JB Weld, or other decent epoxy, are the perfect fix for the reissue Dallas Arbiter Fuzz Face's. The battery in those just flops around until the battery leads break. I've scored a few of those cheap because of that. Their poor sound from the factory is another reason. There's a cast-in lip that the battery sits against in that pedal. Rough it up with sandpaper or fine file, rough up the bottom of the clip and you'll get a good bond. You'll have to slide the battery in from the end, then connect the lead, but it will stay put from now on.

I'll make a note of your prefered nectar. :wink:  In New York, most of us won't admit it, but we've all drank a Genesee or two.
Fret Wire
(Keyser Soze)

dubs

Quote from: Fret Wire

Do you work for any beer, or just Foster's? I see an idea for their next commercial. :idea:  :twisted:

Truth be told - aussies don't drink Fosters  because it's a horrid tasting export beer. It's like Mexicans don't drink Corona but does well here in Australia and considered a "trendy" import beer.. :D

niftydog

A mate of mine turned up at a party at my house with a half a case of Fosters. We all laughed... until we realised he wasn't having a lend of us, he actually bought it to drink!

Eeeeuuurrrrrgghhhhh!

James Boags for me. Something about that Tasmanian water I guess!
niftydog
Shrimp down the pants!!!
“It also sounded something like the movement of furniture, which He
hadn't even created yet, and He was not so pleased.” God (aka Tony Levin)