BSIAB II perfboard build question?

Started by MartyMart, August 17, 2004, 05:54:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MartyMart

Hi everyone,
I'm back from my travels and have all the components `'in place" for my BSIAB II, which i can't wait to hear !.
The layout is quite similar to the PCB layout, just a couple of changes to allow myself some space !  its quite a mess though ( 2nd build only )
My question is this, the ground points run along the outside of the board, so caps/resistors are connecting to this point, can i avoid small "fiddly" connections by for instance, joining one of R10's lugs directly to C14, as they both hit the ground connection anyway? or do they have to hit ground first to avoid problems ??.
Also should i use shielded wire for all cross board runs, or just carefully soldered component wire/legs ?
This may sound obvious/stupid but i'm just trying to avoid some difficult testing later, should i have a problem in the circuit.
First build was the Tube Reamer, which sounds great and fired right up!
Many thanks, Marty.
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm"
My Website www.martinlister.com

MartyMart

"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm"

RDV

Just do what you did on your 1st build. Success breeds success. This is an incredibly high gain circuit(mine sure is), and my favorite lead sound @ the moment. Keep your leads as short as you can when you box it up and hopefully you won't have any problems. Just be neat as you can, and try to take your time. Most of my mistakes have resulted from being in too much of a hurry.

Good luck, & have fun.

RDV

MartyMart

Thanks Rick, i'm taking my time its about half wired at the 'mo so should be fine !!
Cheers, Marty. :)