Iron on transfer question

Started by BDuguay, August 17, 2004, 04:38:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BDuguay

To all those kool kats that have experience with this method, what  program(s) are you using for the artwork itself?
A boat load of thanks!
B.

csj

Hi Brian,
I just keep my eye on pictures that interest me wherever I can find them (in music stores or card shops etc.) Then I'll scan/edit them with the software that came with my Mustek scanner. It's cheap but simple to do. It'll allow you to do lettering too but I don't usually bother with it.  I was going to do a whole Monster Movie poster theme at one time so I collected and edited a bunch. The green one here is of Bela Lugosi and I was going to use it on the Green Ringer but that pedal, when breadboarded, just wasn't what I needed. All these are pics I had finished with the hopes of using after I got the circuits done but when I breadboarded the circuits I didn't find them to my liking.

This one was going to be for the Thunderchief.

Anyway Brian, I think my answer to your question is just simply scanning and editing whichever pics strike your fancy and then using cheap editing/graphics software (mine came with my scanner). This will probably bring up a "who owns the artwork" issue and I'm not sure how to answer that. These are all for my own stompbox collection or for pedals I give away. All "one offs". I use each for one pedal only. I don't have any idea how others do but it would be interesting to find out. I like Kerry Maxwell's artwork alot. It would be cool to be able to do a box up with his stuff. When I make one "for profit" (yeah, right ...) I pay a pro artist up front for the artwork just to be safe.

Clay

BDuguay

Cool.
What about software/programs that will enable lettering and allow you to import artwork to combine with it?
B.

MarkB

Photoshop or anything similar will do the trick.

There are probably some freeware PS ripoffs (on Linux there's 'Gimp'.. not sure if there's a windows version or not).

You can always use MS paint, but it's not ideal (IMO).
"-)

PS - Just looked, and there is a GIMP for Windows
http://www.gimp.org/windows/

jjs

I use Paint Shop Pro for editing bitmaps which I want to put on my boxes. For the final design I use Openoffice Draw. It's a vector graphics program like Corel Draw (but its free). With it You can set the position of text and graphics by fractions of a millimeter.

BDuguay

Thanks a bunch you guys!
Now, at least. I have a starting point.
B.

Thomas P.

Maybe you should try GIMP which is an OpenSource software similar to Photoshop.
god said...
∇ ⋅ D = ρ
∇ x E = - ∂B/∂t
∇ ⋅ B = 0
∇ x H = ∂D/∂t + j
...and then there was light