booster pedal

Started by vlljpior, August 18, 2004, 10:16:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vlljpior

Hi,  i need a good booster, around 20 db, to get more distortion of my tube preamp. I just try the LBP1. There a lot of gain, but is there some mod i can do  to the circuit to have more gain ? Or is there another booster i ca do ?

Hal

check the melanie thread, dude :-D

And if you want variable gain, or to experiment with different gains, I think the easiest way to do that is an op-amp...there are many circuits available, many of which are extrememly simple.

Torchy

Why not cascade two AMZ boosters, switchable A/B/A+B. ? Small enough parts count to build two in the same box.

Change the last pot to master volume, give it a red and yellow led, call it a Supe .... ..... stepping on someones toes now .... I'll get me coat ....  :oops:

petemoore

I liek Jfets tubey ['easy' distortion] tones, cascade a couple or more of them for big gain.I'm sure there's something at ROG, or other sites that get close to or over whatever gain/distortion you're looking for. I use sockets for Jfets.
 Depending on the circuit they can be very clean.
 The Mosfet Boost alone is more output than I ever use, [that's comparitevly alOt of output] and is very Clean. You'll need the diode for protection.
 I think fet's always require 'more' time biasing than bipolars and OA's..a trimpot quickens this process.
 MXR Micro Amp has alot of output and sounds great, socket the OA for different results/opamps.
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

lightningfingers

Did you try the fabled NPN boost?

Or Tim Escobedo has some pretty darn cool boosters!

http://www.geocities.com/tpe123/folkurban/fuzz/snippets
U N D E F I N E D