True bypass looper

Started by Herbs, August 19, 2004, 02:28:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Herbs

I was wanting to build a looper similar to Robert Keeleys(tried putting a link in but none would work check it out at www.rkfx.com under custom pedals), I haven't seen inside it but thought that it may be quite easy to build, I have built the beginner project and wanted to build this as a second project to bypass my tuner or wah.

Now I could be totally wrong and it is impossible to build for a beginner (I think Keeley builds good stuff), but does anyone know where I could find a schematic similar to this pedal.

Any help is appreciated.

Cheers

remmelt

Hi Herbs,

Check this thread: "switching between feedback and bypass loop". It has a picture of a true bypass box. I built one as my second project after the beginner as well!

You should try adding the pot in there as well, you can have two pedals in one. The pot creates a switchable feedback-loop. This only works with some pedals, not all, but when it works it's a lot of fun. I thgought it sucked at first but keep trying because it just doesn't do much with some pedals.

If you don't want the feedback-loop, omit all red ingredients. That will make a simple true-bypass box. Adding an LED (or two, in Keeley's case) is easy. Just use the free lugs on your 3PDT.

I use my bypassbox all the time when I'm trying out new pedals. And with a flip of the switch it becomes a Sonic Annihilation! Rock!

Have fun!

Herbs

Thanks Remmelt, I was thinking about doing the Sonic Ann but now I can kill two birds with one stone.

Thanks again

aron